Production possibilities of Valenta ZT s.r.o.
What is thread rolling?
Thread rolling is the cold forming of the surface area of circular cross-section components . The thread is created by means of the forming of the workpiece under the enormous force application of two rotating rolling tools, between which the component is placed. By the penetration of the section of the rolling tool into the surface of the workpiece, the material is cold-pressed up to the base of the thread rolling tool and rolled to the nominal dimension.
Advantages of thread rolling:
- Increase of strength by cold forming
- Very good surface roughness values
- Reduced notch sensitivity
- No interrupted coarse of material fibres, unlike in cut threads
- High dimensional accuracy
- Economical and fast production
- Outstandingly cost-effective production, especially for large lots
Materials suitable for thread rolling:
- All metallic materials having a ductility of at least 6% and tensile strength no more than 1,300 MPa (N/mm2)
- High-alloyed, corrosion-proof and heat-resistant steels
- Special aluminium alloys
- Brass in riveting quality and cooper alloys
- Special nickel alloys
- At hollow bodies and tubes the thread can only be rolled if the wall thickness is sufficient (these wall thickness values depend on the type and depth of the rolled section)
Materials unsuitable for thread rolling:
- Brittle materials such as Ms58, grey cast iron etc.
- Soft materials such as lead
- Plastic and other non-metallic materials
- Wide range of rolling tools (M, Tr, UN, UNC ...)
- Right-hand/left-hand variant
- Rolling of threads under hot-dip zinc
- For the rolling of threads of a length up to 6,000 mm
- Diameters up to 120 mm (depending on the material and type of thread)
- Several rolling machines of a wide range of the rolling force
Machining of components/threads
We own several working machines, which enable us to adapt flexibly to your requirements.
- Machining of large diameters, lengths
- Lathe-turned shafts and milling of shaped parts
- Preparation of input material for thread rolling
- Machining of nuts, washers etc.
We have our own U-bolt bending equipment. Cold and hot bending of various materials, dimensions and lengths. Possibility to bend also larger diameters and lengths.
Lettering on finished products
Upon your request we can mark all products from a custom production series with a text specified by you. The possibilities and limiting factors are determined by the type of the selected material, class, dimensions of the part, quantity etc.
Measuring and inspection of threads
We pay attention to high quality both for stock and production items. We perform thread quality inspection by means of usual measuring tools and methods, the main ways include:
- Thread gauges for male and female threads - wide range of measuring for M, Tr and other threads, such as UNC, UN ...
- Three-wire method of thread measuring - for the verification of the thread mean diameter.
- Set of contacts and micrometer calliper gauges for threads for the quick check of correctness of the thread mean diameter.
For requests and technical queries please contact us in the REQUEST section or by phone – we will be glad to help you.
Items marked with an asterisk are obligatory.